Senior Category Lead – Financial Services
As the Senior Category Lead – Financial Services, you will lead a team of 7 across a variety of areas within the financial services category.
This will include responsibility for supplier and customer management related to our existing agreements along with the creation of category strategies to help ensure that we continue to fulfil the needs of the entire public sector.
You’ll be responsible for a key area of the financial services portfolio and playing a significant role in helping the public sector save money. With a combined total of over £2bn being spent through your area each year from organisations as varied as government departments, local authorities and charities the scope is broad and exciting.
Leading a high performing team of 7 you’ll ensure that the public sector continues to have access to innovative payment solutions by overseeing the management of current and the development of new commercial agreements with financial services suppliers. You’ll be part of the Financial Services leadership team as well as the wider, CCS leadership team.
Your portfolio currently gives over 4000 public sector organisations access to payment services. For example prepaid, corporate, virtual and fuel cards as well as merchant acquiring services and you’ll be involved in some of the most high profile work in the public sector. Last year the team were instrumental in supporting the cash flow needs of public sector suppliers during Covid.
We are an ambitious group and the portfolio has the potential to expand. We are considering what other services might complement what we currently offer, for example open banking, and you’ll play a key role in shaping and setting that direction.
You’ll be accountable for:
- The day to day management and development of the category teams.
- The effective supplier and contract performance for all commercial agreements within your area.
- The delivery of business plan objectives.
- The effective delivery of procurement projects in line with the agreed category pipeline.
- The operation of Supplier Relationship Management.
- The creation (or updating) and execution of category strategies.
- Developing and maintaining an in depth knowledge of the categories acting as a source of expert insight and advice.
- Ownership of customer relationships to deliver efficiencies through commercial agreements and specific initiatives.