Deputy Director, Commercial Specialist – ICT Commercial Networks
About Crown Commercial Service
Crown Commercial Service (CCS) brings together policy, advice and direct buying, providing commercial services to the public sector and saving money for the taxpayer. We’ve brought policy, advice and direct buying together in a single organisation to:
- make savings for customers in both central Government and the wider public sector
- achieve maximum value from every commercial relationship
- improve the quality of service delivery for common goods and services across Government
We’re responsible for:
- managing the procurement of common goods and services, so that public sector organisations with similar needs achieve value by buying as a single customer
- increasing savings for the taxpayer by centralising buying requirements for common goods and services and bringing together smaller projects to best meet our customer’s needs.
We use the collective purchasing power of our customers, together with our commercial acumen, to get the best deals in the interests of taxpayers. The wider public sector is our key future market opportunity for growth with an estimated £60-70 billion of spend on common goods and services. It is our ambition to achieve £30bn of spend through our agreements over the next four to five years and in doing so deliver outstanding and continuously improving commercial benefits, underpinned by excellent public procurement policy.
The Commercial Deputy Director for Network Services will be an innovative thinker who can work with a range of senior stakeholders to influence the whole technology market for the benefit of the public sector.
This will be achieved by collaboration with customers and suppliers and considering new, innovative approaches that grow our business by providing excellent customer service and responsiveness.
Our Networks and telecoms business transacted £1.1bn of spend through its products and services in FY20/21 and achieved more than £50m of benefits to customers. In this role you will have a positive and far-reaching impact across the public sector.